There are two general ways to build muscle and strength, the first is using bodyweight exercises "without weights" and the second is by adding weights or additional resistance. Both of them have their advantages and disadvantages, but I think that training without weights is more beneficial for us. Why? Because of these reasons.
- Bodyweight exercises use natural movements. They help develop "functional fitness" meaning exercises help us with movements we may be required to perform throughout the day. Like doing squats will help you climb the many stairs at the local college.
- Exercises with your own body can also prepare you for other exercises or programs like weight lifting, competitive sports, martial arts, etc. Benefits of exercising with your body include building a foundation for other activities. They also help you develop body awareness that so important in other sports that demand moving and stretching your body in unpredictable ways.
- Bodyweight exercises can also be adjusted to your personal fitness level. You can create a good body weight workout programs for any fitness level if you are experienced.
- Time. You can do a bodyweight workout in 10 minutes that will have your whole body bursting. Heck, you don't even have to travel to the gym. If possible, you can do exercises in the privacy of your office right before lunch, have a lunch and have the rest of the day to yourself.
- Bodyweight routines are FREE.
- Convenience. Body weight exercises can be done almost anywhere, anytime with anyone.
- For whatever reason, the gym is not for everyone, especially when commencing a fitness program.
So, start your training without weights today!
Want to know more about bodyweight exercises for muscle? Click Here
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=John_Corleone